When we talk about power, we are talking about a big concept.
When we read (from Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy)
"The three great verities of Spirit, omnipotence, omni-presence, omniscience, -
Spirit possessing all power, filling all space, constituting all Science, --contradict forever the belief that matter can be actual"
we are talking about a concept so huge and all encompassing that there is not room in thought for anything but Spirit, God.
And I think that is the point. And I think that that is how we can neutralize acidic thinking.
Acidic thinking is that type of thought that agitates and irritates, that denigrates and weakens and finally pulverizes itself into nothingness.
Acidic thinking may include a whole host of self-destructive elements that can be replaced with the truth of being:
- disgust - a failure to see the Christ; replaced with God's true image and likeness
- anger - a sense of powerlessness and reaction - replaced with understanding God's omnipotence
- sarcasm - trying to undermine the natural sweetness and goodness of life - replaced by perfect Love
- distrust - doubting the power of God, good replaced withthe fact that good is not helpless and that all things function under the impulse of purity and Love
- envy - a belief in limitations replaced by an understanding of infinite possibilities to do good and to be good
- revenge - a belief of chaos and many small egos replaced by knowing one God, trusting one Truth
- disdain - a form of hatred replaced by selflessness and yielding to Love's government
Life, God is a self-sustaining force that only knows itself. It is omniscience. God knows all.
We are under God's government as readily - similar to how we see that we live under the law of gravity.
For Life to be self-sustained, there can be no element of limitation, weakening, conflict or chaos. If it were so, Life would self-destruct, and thus would not be life.
But Life, God is omnipotent , always present. So these elements of limitation and dis-ease have no room to become a reality. In reality - disease and any type of destruction do not exist. They cannot, because they are ultimately self-destructive. SO why do they seem to exist? These are fabrications. These fabrications seem to exist because thought is giving its consent to an entity that has no reality - similar to believing in ghosts. There are no ghosts, but it is a fearful thing if you believe there are.
God's all power, all presence, omniscience lead us to the ultimate conclusion that matter (anything born of limitation, destruction, separation from good, divisiveness) cannot be actual.
The all pervasive love of the all-powerful God as Truth neutralizes acidic thinking whose pretensions may seem to govern one's body, one's family or one's organzitions.
Health is restored to bodily functions, and harmony is restored to families and organziations when we understand that this perfect Love maintains itself in perfect balance -- and we are evidence of that all encompassing fact.