Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Secure in a storm

One thing I know for sure ( among other things!) is that God is with us in every circumstance, guarding, guiding and protecting.

I have had many situations that bear this out including this one. Once when I was kayaking down the Ocoee, a whitewater river in Tennessee, my boat tipped over right before a major rapid. I got sucked out of my boat and under a large undercut rock and was held there by the powerful currents. I remember thinking that I had a choice to panic or pray. I prayed. It was a quick and pleading "Father!" I felt calm. I opened my eyes, reached out toward the sunlight I could see upstream of the rock and I was out.

Concerned friends who had seen the incident and were waiting for me said I was under for a long time, but all I remember is my choice, my prayer and getting swept to safety.

So the thing I know for sure is that wherever we are in a storm, a car or at the movies, God is right there with us. We can be safe in a storm. We can know our loved ones are held in God's care.

For more incidences of God's protecting power and other helpful articles dealing with praying about Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita, please visit spirituality.com. These prayers and mine are joining in with thousands around the world that affirm that God is able to still the waves and calm the storm.

Peace, safety and love to you all,
k

Please add your own comments or email to a friend.

No comments: