Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

lighting a candle of gratitude -- an ongoing Thanksgiving

Every morning for the last two years or so, I would either wake up or go to sleep feeling really grateful about something: my work, my family, what I am learning about God, etc. Looking back over those two years, I can see that this gratitude has had an amazing payback.
  • In these last two years I have made major changes along with my family. These transitions have gone very smoothly.
  • I have launched on a career that I had been hoping to do for almost 30 years!
  • My family is closer than ever.
  • I am learning more about God and Her infinite goodness in surprising ways.
  • I am less afraid of things that I was afraid of.
  • I am more committed to be a contributing global citizen.

Gratitude kind of feeds on itself, and I find the more grateful I am, the more I have to be grateful for! In Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, she sums this up nicely:

Are we grateful for the good already received? Then we shall avail ourselves of the blessings we have, and thus be fitted to receive more.

On Thanksgiving Day in the US, there will be a surge of gratitude expressed. But I welcome you all to join on ongoing gratitude fest by lighting a candle of gratitude along with others from 242 other countries. "Light a candle" is hosted by gratefulness.org - a bridge and forum for grateful hearts everywhere. The vision for their site is "to create a worldwide community dedicated to gratefulness as the core inspiration for personal change, international cooperation, and sustainable activism in areas of universal concern."

gratefully,

Kim




Please feel free to add your own comments or visit my website at www.kimckorinek.com.

No comments: