Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 - a year to pour on the joy!

Spiritual resource to share: overflow!



I have been getting an awful lot of happiness messages on my various technologies lately. (Thank you Amy for this article on the secret of happiness and happiness quotes!) I even have an assignment from one of my mentors to start tracking those everyday happy moments -- of times with friends, children, pets, with nature and so on. Growing up in a photographer's family, we've been dealing with capturing moments of happiness for decades. These all add up. It is these moments that bring out the best of who we are.

I went to bed last night after watching a home made video of my friends' daughter singing ( like really well!) "I'm yours" by Jason Mraz. I wasn't able to get her video on this post but I did get one of Mraz's. Listen to it above. Pure happy.

And now, with the Golden Globes winners announced, that's strong indication that there may be a bigger happiness thing going on! Golden Globe winners and nominees like Slumdog Millionaire, Happy-Go-Lucky and Mamma Mia may make 2009 to be a year for joy to pull out all the stops.

Mary Baker Eddy's take on happiness is timeless:

Happiness is spiritual, born of Truth and Love. It is unselfish; therefore it cannot exist alone, but requires all mankind to share it.


(For other thoughts on happiness from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, click here and type in happiness.)

Happy ( really deeply profoundly happy) 2009!





To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This is SOOOOO much a year for joy and happiness...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning...."a glorious day IS dawning"...love you,

Kate