Pages

Monday, May 07, 2007

a burst of wonderful

Spiritual resource to share: reading with rigorous vigor!

(Note to those new to these posts and Christian Science: a regular part of my healing practice, as well as the duties of a Christian Science nurse and the regular part of a Christian Science church service is to read from the Bible and Mary Baker Eddy's writings with sincerity, honesty and understanding. So reading to others is a big deal. Now ....on to my post.)


I love Pop. A born salesman and natural healer, he has been healing through Christian Science prayer way before I was born. He just shines on everyone he meets. He loves everyone - with a little laughter, good natured joking and a wiser-beyond-years knowing that we are all children of God. You feel good just being in his presence.

I had occassion to be with him and his new wife of two years, and, as a gift to them and to chip away at an indebtedness to Pop for helping me get my footing in Christian Science decades ago, I drove him and his new wife through three states, as they went visiting friends and family.

Most delightful was when Pop would read from the Bible and Science and Health during our long drives from one stop to another. He would read with such passion, such commitment, that at times, he would get teary, and I would get teary, as he hurrahed at what Zechariah had accomplished, or how MBEddy would develop her reasoning on God's omnipotence, or how it was explained that the whole reason for living was for God's glory. Ahhh!! This is the type of reading that heals.

To live in such a way that how you read, how you greet people, and how you tell stories exudes a roar of wonderful! Over the top, maybe. But how alive!

A visit from Pop has filled me up, made me smile (and all its derivatives - giggle, guffaw, laugh, chuckle, etc) and given me some good inspiration for the next time I am asked to read.

And speaking of wonderful reading........... here is a post that I know Pop would approve. Read this post out loud to a friend! It's Evan's post on "Installing love."


To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.


Creative Commons License











No comments: