Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2007

To Minneapolis with love

Spiritual resource to share: confidence in times of crisis

My son and I just left Minneapolis and St. Paul in the late afternoon yesterday. It was on our way home that my husband called with the news about the collapsed bridge. We were just there hours ago. It seemed unreal. My son called a number of our friends in the Twin Cities and we were happy to hear that they were safe. But we both started praying. Here are some of the ideas

God is bigger than any disaster. What does this mean? That the capacity for love and comfort is omnipresent - always available. It is always operating day and night. God's power includes the power to make His presence known and felt. To anyone, everywhere. Trapped in a car or waiting to hear from a loved one: God's power includes the power to be known. I have felt this presence in dangerous situations and in anxious times. I know that this power is present now with every person involved.


To share your thoughts on this please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below.

No comments: