Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tribute

Spiritual resource to share: loving each other

Just today, I got a call from my cousin letting me know that her father-in-law passed on earlier that night. To me, he was Pop - a mentor, friend and one who got me started in making Christian Science my own.

A few months ago, he and his wife and I took a trip and I blogged it. It was delightful. Here is the blog - revisited.

I love Pop. A born salesman and natural healer, he has been healing through Christian Science prayer way before I was born. He just shines on everyone he meets. He loves everyone - with a little laughter, good natured joking and a wiser-beyond-years knowing that we are all children of God. You feel good just being in his presence.

I had occassion to be with him and his new wife of two years, and, as a gift to them and to chip away at an indebtedness to Pop for helping me get my footing in Christian Science decades ago, I drove him and his new wife through three states, as they went visiting friends and family.

Most delightful was when Pop would read from the Bible and Science and Health during our long drives from one stop to another. He would read with such passion, such commitment, that at times, he would get teary, and I would get teary, as he hurrahed at what Zechariah had accomplished, or how MBEddy would develop her reasoning on God's omnipotence, or how it was explained that the whole reason for living was for God's glory. Ahhh!! This is the type of reading that heals.

This is the way Pop read, how he greeted people, and how he told stories. Over the top, maybe. But how alive!

A visit from Pop has filled me up, made me smile (and all its derivatives - giggle, guffaw, laugh, chuckle, etc) and given me some good inspiration to last a lifetime.

For another tribute, see Sandi's blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and love what I see. Thanks for making this contribution ot the lives of others! (Randy - St. Paul)