Pages

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

a look at money - revisited

Spiritual resource to share: constant circulation of possibilities





When I put myself through college, I was faced with lack of many things:  lack of funds for tuition and travel, not enough food, clothing and not enough time. But each time it looked like I might come up short, I turned to prayer and my needs were met. I got quite good at it. In fact, I laughingly thought that if I ever became a Christian Science practitioner (that is a healer), that perhaps I could specialize in supply issues.


Mary Baker Eddy, founder of Christian Science, had an idea that gave me lots of hope: 
God gives you His spiritual ideas, and in turn, they give you daily supplies. Never ask for tomorrow: it is enough that divine Love is an ever-present help; and if you wait, never doubting, you will have all you need every moment.
What a glorious inheritance is given to us through the understanding of omnipresent Love! More we cannot ask: more we do not want: more we cannot have. This sweet assurance is the "Peace, be still" to all human fears, to suffering of every sort.
Do you kind of get that happy feeling just reading this! Even happier still, it leads to practical and satisfying results.


When the stock market is looking - well - ill, and credit reports dismal, housing market reports a slump, there is another report. God, as omnipotent good, reports a balance and steady flow of productive, progressive ideas. The fresh circulation of ideas is never interrupted by fear, speculation, manipulation or ignorance.


So when I run up against the idea of lack, I have been able to respond in a way that I not only have what I need, but usually it is done in a surprising and totally satisfying way. Here is what I have learned along the way about demonstrating supply:
  • Value every idea that comes to you
  • Trust the provision and abundance of God's love -- Love also includes nourishment, harmony and balance, contentment and satisfaction
  • Be grateful -- and you will see just how rich you truly are
  • Discipline your wants -- Know where your desires come from and where they are leading you
  • Clarify your needs
  • Square each of your accounts/debts
  • Be honorable and honest -- Honesty is spiritual power and integrity is "more valuable than riches"
  • Be generous
  • Don't be afraid -- act on behalf of the ideas and inspiration you are receiving
  • Trust the provision and abundance of God's love -- Worth mentioning twice.
Truly we have a glorious inheritance! We can move forward knowing that Love is always supplying the ideas, that, when acted on, are meeting our needs.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

love this list, Kim. It's so totally you, and explains why you are who-you-are today.

Laura said...

"value every idea as it comes to you" -- love that! if we all did that, we'd see how wealthy we are.

L
@}-->--