Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

"no loss can occur from trusting God"

Spiritual resource to share: trusting God



Coming home from a meeting today I just had to laugh at what greeted me at the door: about ten pairs of shoes - all about the same large size. You see, we now have five teenage boys living with us. It's temporary, as three of them will be returning to their home countries of Germany, Russia and South Korea this summer. But this counts and I can say that with our own two sons and these three, we have, in a way, five sons.

So why is this funny? Flash back to when I was younger. I always thought it would be so very cool to have five boys. It was my secret wish. I wanted to raise them all to be gentlemen and scholars. Cutting edge types who would be respectful and respectable.

But after a failed first marriage, that, along with other things, seemed to be a distant and unattainable goal. But it didn't stop me from desiring a full and fulfilling life. MBEddy's thoughts on prayer gave me so much hope:

"Desire is prayer; and no loss can occur from trusting God with our desires, that they may be moulded and exalted before they take form in words and in deeds."

Fast forward to some years later, when I met and married my soul mate -- who happened to be the oldest of (of course) five boys.

So now, coming in the door this afternoon, I look at the shoes of these five kids who are adventurous and kind, smart and generous. I am reminded that God answers our prayers and our deepest desires. And She does so in a way that I could never have outlined! This reminds me of another piece of advice I got from a longtime healer - to not outline good, because you can't outline good enough.

What an encouraging reminder that we can trust God with our prayers and be open to the surprising and wonderful ways that our prayers are exalted and answered. It is so good.










To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Kim, what you've shared is So helpful. I remember when your two birth boys were little, you said, "Having boys is so much fun!" I was shocked that anyone would think having little running, noisy creatures was fun -- and so grateful to be alerted to include boys as a good thing!
This was especially imporant when my first two grandchildren turned out to be boys. I kept remembering, Kim said this is fun. And it has been. Thanks Kim.

Kate said...

I NEVER thought I wanted boys...but my stepson lives with us and he has been a dream come true...I never knew to dream....a gentle man of substance, impact, integrity and compassion...an environmentally responsible global citizen...I love him more than I could ever imagine...he graduated from high school today...I will miss his shoes in entryway...I hope he comes home ALOT next year...

MARIA... said...

Kim, I've really appreciated your last few blogs. I often check a blog when I need a "coffee break" and yours have provided wonderful pick-me ups--refreshing moments before heading to the next project. Kate, I love your comment about Jeremy. He is a cool kid. I appreciate his humble smile and confident expression of individuality.