Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sparkle - revisited

Spiritual resource to share: deep joy



Here is another favorite post - written and posted over 12 months ago, but ever so relevant!

I have seen it in pictures and in friends' eyes. It is a sparkle that goes back deep into the restful calmness of the eyes. Sometimes I have seen this look with parents as they balance their babies on their laps. Radiant.

I have seen this look in my Christian Science teacher who maybe was in her 80s or 60s (hard to tell). While teaching her class on Christian Science healing, she would occasionally look out the window, maybe pausing for inspiration. At those times, she looked liked she could have been 17 years old. Her love for God illumined her face.

I have seen this look in a friend's eyes as he held his grandson. And in a picture of another friend with her two newly adopted daughters with arms all tangled together. Inspired. Wordless love.

I like to think of God's love for each of us in this way. God -- seeing our inner beauty and radiance -- and being completely satisfied with a settled joy.
"God gazes at you with love, because you were His idea. He loves you as if you were the only person on earth"
echoes the Bible when it says "I have called thee by thy name. Thou art mine." "The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart" says another one of the Bible's proverbs.

Sparkle on.












To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HeLLO Kim,
I have loved your blogsite and your loving commitment to it inspires me. Your comments on our Teachers gaze brought joy to my soul and tears to my eyes. How true. I never failed to see this light and depth in her eyes every time I was with her. How wonderful to see such movement in her pupils thought. "Keep Sparkling"
Love you and a big hug
Farida