Pages

Friday, December 14, 2007

What we are born to do

Spiritual resource to share: hope



No doubt this was one of the most watched web videos this year.
Watch this and share why this inspires you so. Of course, I am assuming it will, simply because I have watched it numerous times and I still get a rush of inspiration every time I see it.

It reminds me that

  • beauty is everywhere.
  • achieving those things most secretly cherished is possible.
  • diligence and perseverance = success.
  • we can expect surprises.
  • we are all born with purpose to do great things.

The popularity of this video is so enouraging. It connects us with universal ideas that we ALL agree on. I just took a mere five minutes to find ideas from MBEddy's Science and Health to fine tune some of the inspiration I've felt from this clip. Five minutes! Think of how many more ideas I could share here if I did ten, fifteen, twenty!

Knowledge that we can accomplish the good we hope for, stimulates the system to act in the direction which Mind points out.

Mind is not necessarily dependent upon educational processes. It possesses of itself all beauty and poetry, and the power of expressing them. .... We are all capable of more than we do.

....self-denial, sincerity, Christianity, and persistence alone win the prize, as they usually do in every department of life.

Science reveals the glorious possibilities of immortal man, forever unlimited by the mortal senses.

Now, add your comments and then go out and shine! Also see my buddy blogger's post on this same clip.

To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had similar experiences although on a much smaller scale. My passion is playing the accordion. I have gotten similar looks like you see on those judges. When I have started to play, the mouths have dropped open in the same manner. It is not so much my talent as my passion.

I recently performed at an open mike night at my church. I was told that there were tears in peoples eyes and people were singing and giving praise to God.

Kate said...

Dennis...that is so wonderful!!! And Kim, like you I think I have had this shared with me dozens of times this year, and it is always a gift to watch it again...

i love that Mrs. Eddy says, "Desire is prayer..." and that "Prayer is God's gracious means for accomplishing..." Therefore by algebraic reasoning (if A+B=C, then C-B=A) Desire is God's gracious means for accomplishing whatever has successfully done for the Christianization and health (wholeness, wellness) of mankind. Just think of it...what we think of as our desire (passion) is really not "ours" at all, but is God's gracious means for acomplishing (successfully!!!) whatever will make mankind more "Christian" loving, kind, respectful, honest, humble, meek...and will reveal the health (or wholeness, completeness) of mankind...just different members of one body!!!

So whether it is Dennis on his accordian, or the guy singing opera, or someone building houses, or another making beautiful patterns out of iron...if we are understanding that our desires ar "of God" and being true to them...we are helping to reveal the wholeness of the body of Christ, the body of universal goodness and love...

what a gift!!!

thank you for this precious reminder....with Love to you and Rick, Micah and sweet Gabe...

Kate