Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Today is a good day to listen

Spiritual resource to share: listening

"Abiding Place" by Sonja Maneri

Today I am reminded of the importance of listening. This was prompted by a very dear friend who shared with me a song that she loves.

O may we be still and seek Him,
Seek with consecration whole,
Listening thus to hear the message,
Far from sense and hid in Soul.

He hath promised we shall find Him,
Love divine its promise keeps;
God is watching with the watchful,
God is Life that never sleeps.

If we pray to Him in secret,
Lift to Him the heart's desire,
We shall find our earthly longings
All made pure by Love's pure fire.

Then upon the precious metal
God's own image will appear,
Faithfully to Him reflected,
One with Him forever near.


This song's melody is a waltz, which just fits its harmonious message of quietness, repentence and closeness.

So today is a good day to pay attention and listen.
I know that God is constantly communicating ideas to us. God, as Love, Principle, and omni-action, is constantly actively connecting us with right ideas that nurture our growth.

I know that I can listen better.
I know that I reflect God. I know this about all God's children - we all reflect God. I can listen with the compassion and gentleness and insight I know from my relationship to God.

I can listen for openings, for new ideas, for fresh approaches; for redemption, recovery and renewal.
I can listen even if I have strayed from seeing my fellow man as less than Godlike, and I can instantly re-connect.

And then, when my listening is full, I can follow God's lead into the day.

Today is a good day for listening.







To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Kate said...

one of my favorite hymns...such a "silent" song in some ways... my favorite recording of it is Dwight's...do you have a copy of it? If not, may I send you one...it is truly lovely.

thank you for reminding me of it...

love, Kate