Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

a little twist on the Shepherd

Spiritual resource to share: insight on comfort

I came across these notes in a file I started many years ago, and I don't know its source. (So let me know if YOU know!) But it provides a fresh way of seeing how God always provides for us and I thought it provided some solid week-end inspiration.

The Shepherd's Psalm XXIII

[DIVINE LOVE] is my shepherd; Protection
I shall not want. Supply
[LOVE] maketh me to lie down in green pastures: Abundance
[LOVE] leadeth me beside the still waters. Peace
[LOVE] restoreth my soul [spiritual sense]: Healing
[LOVE] leadeth me in the paths of righteousness Guidance
for His name's sake. Purpose
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, Experience
I will fear no evil: Confidence
for [LOVE] is with me; Omnipresence
[LOVE'S] rod and [LOVE'S] staff they comfort me. Instruction
[LOVE] prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Provision
[LOVE] anointeth my head with oil; Consecration
my cup runneth over. Gratitude, Joy
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; Assurance
and I will dwell in the house [the consciousness]of [LOVE] for ever. Eternal Life




"How can I want, when I have - green pastures, still waters, a restored Soul, right paths, protection, God with me, God showing me, a table in the wilderness, ample abundance running over me and only goodness and mercy following me, and a spectacular dwelling (the consciousness of Love forever)????"





photo by Gabe Korinek 2008 copyright

To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: