Pages

Friday, March 06, 2009

"Even the wind is veined with light."*

Spiritual resource to share: seeing the light


To understand God is to understand the allness of Her power, the intimacy of His might. This story gives an insightful glimpse of the nature of this enlightened understanding.


The wind, the rain and the light were talking one day. "Oh the darkness is creeping up on us. It seems to be everywhere." said the wind. Then the rain went to investigate, but came back with the same report. So the wind and the rain only sporadically showed themselves, fearing the darkness.


But the light couldn't believe it. It went to the most hidden places in the crevices of the caves and it went to the deepest parts of the ocean. It went into the night sky. It wasn't afraid to go anywhere.


"I simply cannot see any darkness anyhere." said the light. And the light stayed constant and true.





Happy light-filled weekend everyone!


*poet Tom Sexton
photo by Gabe Korinek - copyright 2008

To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey Kim...I was so happy to see another post so soon...I was HUNGRY!!!

I love this story...I posted about it a few years ago in

http://stoneriverstudio.blogspot.com/2006/10/love-not-terror-is-contagious.html

But your version is SOOO much more concise and graspable I think!!! Thanks for reminding me of it...I needed it today...actually, I think I need it everyday!!!

love, k.