Pages

Monday, February 27, 2006

Universal appeal - we are one family

I am struck today more information about other hostages' families calling for their loved ones' releases. (See Associated Press article)
It is an appeal from one family member to the kidnappers to remember their most precious relationship with their family and to treat the hostages with this in remembrance.

It seems to me that this appeal is the tip of the iceberg for the larger appeal, that we may all see one another as one family. "Have we not all one father? Hath not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?"queries the Old Testament ( Malachi).

Just as I feel the world wide support for the release of Jill is undergirded with the cherishing of an ideal to learn from one another, respect one another, give your heart to one another, as Jill has embodied, so I feel the calls for Jill's release, now echoed by other family members of hostages, is a call to us to see that we are all one family, under one God.

This thought has given my prayer direction. "Thou shalt have no other God before me" (Exodus, the Old Testament) to me now means that I can see one God governing us, one loving God bringing peace, justice and release from all that malice would try to bind us to. It expands my understanding of God - as omnipotent - extending further beyond denomination. I plead to understand more of God's power - because it is there.

From Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by M.B. Eddy (p. 469),

With one Father, even God, the whole family of man would be brethren; and with one Mind and that God, or good, the brotherhood of man would consist of Love and Truth, and have unity of Principle and spiritual power which constitute divine Science.
This is what I am standing with today.

For an update on the hostage situation, click here for aljazeera.net, here for an update on Jill Carroll from the Christian Science Monitor, here for the website of one of Jill's friends that includes English translations of other Arabic news articles when available, here for a healing thrust to these current events.

Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.
For more information, visit kimckorinek.com or contact Kim directly via skype!

Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: