Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

inspiration falling like snow

Spiritual resource to share: list of amazing quotes



(I am doing a Friday post after all.....)
Thanks so much everyone for your inspiring ideas that you posted on my last blog! I am listing them here in a format that can be printed and easily stuffed into parkas and fannypacks to be read along the race course.

I've edited them to better fit into a list format, but check out the comments section in my last blog for the full comments and to connect with some of the people who were so good to write in.

We have had unseasonably warm days, and the very races will most likely be altered if not cancelled. There is a promise of snow tonight and tomorrow, and we need three inches in order to put on a good race. I'll keep you all posted.

Here are the ideas many have shared:

You are full of love and love is the motivation behind EVERYTHING....even your sweet body of activity and joy!

"Let us lay aside every weight, ... and let us run with patience the race that is set before us ..." Hebrews 12:1

Hymn 412 - O dreamer, leave thy dreams for joyful waking; o captive rise and sing ffor thou art free; the Christ is here, all dreams of error breaking, unloosing bonds of all captivity.

I like to think about what it means to break the dream that we are bound by or dependent on a material body and I like to think about how the Christ is here now helping me to break those bonds.

"God's being is infinity, freedom, harmony and boundless bliss." -- Mary Baker Eddy
When I ran my last marathon I used hymn 144 "In atmosphere of Love divine, we live, and move, and breathe." It helped keep me going picturing myself surrounded by God.

"We are all capable of more than we do." -- Mary Baker Eddy

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run, and not be weary. They shall walk, and not faint." -- Isaiah 40:31

"You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however." -- Richard Bach

"To those leaning upon the sustaining infinite, to-day is big with blessings." -- Mary Baker Eddy

"Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need." -- Mary Baker Eddy (came in handy when I caught a glimpse of The Wall at mile 22 in my first marathon)

"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours." -- Richard Bach

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man who is doing it." -- onfucius (?)

"So many men seem destined to settle for something small, but I won't rest until I know I'll have it all." -- Stephen Schwartz

"Right motives give pinions to thought and strength and freedom to speech and action." -- Mary Baker Eddy

And from the last blog......

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."


All things work together for good to them who love God.


Glorify God in your body and in your spirit.


You have all the strength you need.


They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Mind, joyous in strength, dwells in the realm of Mind. Mind's infinite ideas run and disport themselves [with joy!]. In humility they climb the heights of holiness.

I climb, with joy, the heights of Mind, to soar o'er time and space;I yet shall know as I am known and see Thee face to face.Till time and space and fear are naught my quest shall never cease,Thy presence ever goes with me and Thou dost give me peace. - #139 Christian Science Hymnal



Thanks again everyone!! Think snow!






To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: