Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

".....suddenly, I am free."

Spiritual resource to share:  freedom from imprisonment
             

Celebration!


The world is celebrating with relief the rescue of the Chilean mine workers.  One of The Christian Science Monitor's headlines on this story reads: Chile mine rescue unites a fractured world, and I find I am all to ready to join in on the joy!

What is it about this story that so profoundly resonates with each of us?

Being freed from any bondage – be it in a tight prison of rock or of fear; of doubt or of shame; of lack, of political manipulation or of pain. We can all be freed!

What hope this unleashes, what power it reveals! We all have the possibility of breathing in fresh new insights and having accessible to us once again – an infinite sky of possibilities!

Virginia Thesiger’s poem “The Healing”* sings this freedom perfectly!

After so long, so long
in my tight prison,
with my familiar shackles
heavy on head and heart;
after so long, so long, suddenly I see the bars
with the eyes God gave me,
touch the chains
with the hand God made me,
and suddenly, suddenly
(Oh but my heart flies out of the dream
like a singing bird!)
suddenly I am free.





*Ideas on Wings © The Christian Science Publishing Society

No comments: