Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

And the least shall be greatest

Spiritual resource to share: confidence in taking small steps









Sometimes the infinite is a little hard to grasp. God is infinite and man reflects this infinity.

Heady stuff.

So when I read these two passages, I felt a gentle and encouraging nudging forward in my spiritual growth:

"Love giveth to the least spiritual idea, might, immortality and goodness..."


and


"God gives the lesser idea of Himself for a link to the greater, and in return, the higher always protects the lower."

God, as Love, is the Great Shepherd. If I can grasp even one idea about God and hold to it, this links up to its next higher idea, and next, and next. Love gives me the encouragement to keep going in this line of prayer, to keep growing. These small inklings of good grow into fuller understanding.

Have you ever felt you aren’t spiritual enough to experience healing? Perhaps you admire others for their spiritual prowess and feel you fall short. You can replace that thought with an acceptance of unlimited good.


Your present understanding has the same link to the greater understanding that others do. We are all linked to the infinite, eternal God.

This was so evident when I went through a horrible time in my life. Finances, relationships, housing, everything was taken away. Shocked and severely discouraged, I could hold to the thought that God loved me. As simple as that thought was, I held to it.

It grew. Linked to omnipotent Truth, this idea was a protection to me. It took away enough fear so that I could listen for ways to find housing. It grew into a confidence strong enough to find a job.

This little spiritual idea of God’s love for me was given an accelerating power, and soon I had the confidence that God was with me, providing for and protecting me.

The idea magnified and multiplied. God loved me. If this was true for me, it is true for others. I could bless others. Within a year, I had housing, a job, new friends and a new and confident outlook on life.

The most important lesson I learned from it is that we are good enough to be loved by God, now. Even what we might consider the smallest idea or understanding of God’s love has divine authority to blossom and develop into fruition. Man is constantly rising higher and higher from a boundless basis. Whatever our starting point in prayer can only lead us upward to greater expression of health, harmony and goodness.


 * The title is taken from the Bible, the book of Matthew: "Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."

No comments: