Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

a flood of witnesses

Spiritual resource to share: stability and peace for Japan

Watching the swirls of water and destruction on video as the reports about Japan flowed in, I reminded myself that God is right there.

Whenever I am faced with the news of something of this magnitude, I go back to the basics of what I know and have proved for myself.  I know that if I have proved even a little of one of God's laws of Love, I can realize that same law magnified for mankind.


When I was trapped underwater, I remember that timeless feeling of calm and the clear guidance I felt that led me to do what I needed to do to get free.


When I experienced waves of nausea while I was conducting a church service, I remember the calm and warm feeling of God’s love wrapping me up and melting away the sickness that helped me get back up to finish the service.


When the students at a school I was working in broke out into fighting and yelling, I remember feeling the power of God’s governance helping me to keep my classroom quiet, obedient and patiently waiting for the peace to be restored, which it quickly was.


My teacher tells of the time she would practice patience and feeling God’s omnipresent peace during bomb raids during World War II in London, enabling her to help and comfort others.


God is always there. No earthquake, fear, or shock can ever trump God’s omnipresence. God is right there for each individual covering them with God's warmth, guiding and strengthening them.


Mary Baker Eddy writes that “physical force and mortal mind are one” and that “… mortal mind, when instructed by Truth, yields to divine power, which steers the body into health” and chaos into calm (See Science and Health 484: 15 and 425:32).

I am so grateful for all the communications and prayers rapidly covering the world. These help instruct mortal mind out of chaos and fear to right responses, intelligent care and intuitive decisions.  This flood of witnesses to God’s ability to meet every human need is out there in full force, healing, comforting, finding and helping.

2 comments:

Kate said...

This is lovely Kim...thank you, k.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I love all the ideas that you write about and bring to thought to be cherished and governed.

After I saw Japan's situation, I was praying. Since I live in California, I was concerned about the tsunami warnings as well.
To affirm peace was governing my thought, I opened the Science and Health at random.
It was on page 575:22 "...to the grand realization of the Golden Shore of Love and the Peaceful Sea of Harmony."
The only thing that can come on my 'shore' is Love and my 'sea' is of harmony so it cannot cause anything else.

thanks,

Carol