Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

everything will grow in its own time

For those in the northern hemisphere -- spring has sprung!! It's a little late for most northerners, as I live way north. But sure enough, walking my dog Mocha this morning, there was no mistaking it: full sun, cool breeze off of the melting snow and birds singing. There was the added benefit of being able to shuffle through both wet and dry pine needles to stir up their fragrance and memory of summer camps of the past....

We went to my favorite dock overlooking a lake and sat and listened. I could see the tiny pock marks that the sun had made on the top layer of the ice on the lake. The surface looked like a million crushed diamonds glinting in the sun. Listening, I could hear a soft rush of what sounded like muffled applause as thousands of the trapped miniscule bubbles popped, leaving marks like tiny holes, and leaving the next layer of trapped bubbles exposed.

Every tiny hole mattered and soon I could see a fissure developing, again small and almost inconsequential, but enough to make a short white streak under the surface of the ice. Another sound, a pop, punctuated the soft rushing sound. The weight of the shifting ice had produced a tension where the white streak had once been and was able to break through making a deep crack - what was soon to become one side in a three sided break of ice.

I left with the quiet rush of applause and sporadic pops behind me, taking in nature's lesson of patience and persistence and applying it to my prayer today.

In my prayer for home: for those in Pakistan, Indonesia, and those affected by Hurricane Katrina, I persist with the truth that "divine Love cannot be deprived of its manifestation or object" as Mary Baker Eddy writes in Science and Health. I stand on the fact that God maintains and sustains each of Her children, providing them with protection, nourishment and security.

I hold to the fact that "Progress takes off human shackles. The finite must yield to the infinite" and that "divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need." The ideas God gives us provide the innovation, implementation and strategies needed to forward progress.

These prayers are the persistent sunlight on the hardness of the world.

We see the fruition of these prayers with the "pops" of material belief, revealing innovative solutions, for example, to energy, as we have seen in Brazil's use of sugar for energy (see CSMonitor 3/27), to transportation as we have seen in India, to bold actions as we have seen with the new Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, and to the outpouring of support and aid to Pakistan, Indonesia and those affected by Katrina.

And even, closer to home, I can humbly rest in the knowledge that God has guided me, is guiding me and will continue to guide me in the way that will best glorify Him. Everything is growing -- businesses, my sons to men, my understanding of God. Patiently, persistently - I trust God, I trust His directing of growth and I trust Her progress. One final comment from Mary Baker Eddy's book:


Love inspires, illumines, designates, and leads the way. Right motives give pinions to thought, and strength and freedom to speech and action. Love is priestess at the altar of Truth. Wait patiently for divine Love to move upon the waters of mortal mind, and form the perfect concept. Patience must "have her perfect work."






Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.
For more information, visit kimckorinek.com or contact Kim directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: