Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The comfort of God with us, with those in Indonesia, and with those everywhere

When I left home, my mother and I still maintained a very close relationship. I started realizing that when she would call me on the phone, I would know that it was her before I answered. And many times when I would call her, she would answer the phone with "Hello Kim!"

I also noticed that when I was in trouble, my mom would later tell me that she felt I was in trouble of some kind and would either start praying or try to get in touch with me.

This phenomenon became quite natural and it just was the way we operated.

I came to see how much of this was a direct reflection of our infinite Father-Mother God - God who is always knowing our needs, always there to comfort, guard and guide us. God is constantly talking to each one of us. God is constantly sharing with us ideas that help protect us, provide for us and comfort us.

The recent earthquake in Indonesia threatened to tear open a wound just newly healing from the effects of the tsunami of 2004. But I quickly countered that with a prayer that did not drag me down into feeling a sense of hopelessness and futility.

God is omnipotent. That means that there is no power greater than God, and no power that can obscure God's tender ministrations to His/Her children.

God is not in the earthquake. His omnipresence can lift us out of any storm, any strife, into feeling peace.

God's ideas nourish us, bless us, strengthen us and allow us to take care of one another.

All we do is listen for His voice and respond.

Every single person has a direct connection with God. God is constantly talking to each one of us. We all have this connection - we did before we showed up on this planet, we do while we are here and we continue to have this connection with God after we leave. Before birth, during our lives here and after death, God is right here, comforting and providing for us.

There is great reason for hope. What I learned at an early age, with my mom, is that when there is love, there is always communication. This is a spiritual law. The larger demonstration of this rests on our acknowledgement that God loves us. Tenderly, intimately, right-there-with-us kind of love. This love communicates to each of us all that we need to know.





See spirituality.com special section on Prayers for Indonesia










Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.



For more information, contact Kim or call her directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: