Pages

Monday, May 08, 2006

Stop believing in God -- just believe God

"In" is one of the entries in the Glossary of the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.

In. A term obsolete in Science if used with reference to Spirit, or Diety.

So what is the difference between believing in something and just believing something?
Thinking this through, I have come up with this:

The word "in" is best understood when you use the word "out." It is a relative word. Although "in" brings you in the presence of something, it also implies that you can be "out" of a presence of something. "In" sickness, "in" health -- connotes a relative state. Being "in" the house, "in" the kitchen, lets you know that you are talking about an enclosure.

Another example: When you say "I believe you" it takes in the whole person - their past history, future hopes and current presence. When you say "I believe in you" this usually refers to the person's ability to carry out some task, requirement or obligation.

So, I believe God. This takes in the whole experience -- the timelessness of God, the omnipresence of God with no boundaries, no conditions, and all I know about God and all I trust God to be. It is absolute.

I believe God -- hook, line and sinker. God is All. And that's it.




Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.
For more information, visit kimckorinek.com or contact Kim directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: