Pages

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

meditation for the hard-working over-achiever

Driving down a road thickly surrounded by lush evergreens, I thought of how gently my family has been brought here, provided for, and how happy it has made so many people. It hit me that this was not a reward for doing good things. It was simply recognizing God's grace poured out to all of his children. I realized that a harshness and distance I had unwittingly accepted about God was dissolving. Grace is a way to simply accept God’s gifts to us.

This seems such an easy thing to do.

There were layers of feeling that I needed to accomplish great things, or do extreme things, to feel God’s presence. I was dropping off this subtle and unspoken fear that God’s presence is a fleeting thing. I was letting go of the noise of busy-ness, and the pain of comparisons.

Driving down that road, I could smell the sweetness of the air. “This, too, is for you.”

I entertained the idea that I was worthy of God’s love. A quiet persistent idea said that I did not need to prove myself, I was not in debt to pay back for an abundance of blessings.
An abundance of blessings is what is natural. God is All-in-all.

An old song, “Oh how happy, You – oo have made me, O-oh how happy You have made me” comes to thought. And I picture me singing this song to God. Then another aha! I picture God singing this song to me. “Oh how happy, you – oo have made Me, O-oh how happy you have made Me.”

God is love.
God loves me.
Nothing can alter or hide this fact.
God loves me.

It was easy to take this prayer exponentially to embrace all of God’s children – everywhere.

God loves each one of us.
View this video about awe and the connection to beauty we all share through our infinite and intimate Father –Mother God.


I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. from Psalms - the songs of King David


Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.



For more information, contact Kim or call her directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: