Pages

Thursday, August 03, 2006

to those who live with the spirit of adventure

Adventure - I even like how the word sounds.

I have always loved the feeling right before going on a trip. Plans made, supplies packed and a whole lot of unknown possibilities in front of me.

Or times when a boss says: can you pioneer this project? Can you pilot this program?

Or when you are about to create a whole new piece of art, venture on a new friendship, challenge yourself to run faster, climb higher, kayak with more grace, bike with more speed.

These times are exhilarating, horizon opening, burst out of the box experiences are things that I have come to love and expect to see regularly in my life. I have sought them out in silent sports, in family life, in work related projects and now in my spiritual journey.

I'll have to say that Christian Science has given me a keen sense of the adventure that will never end. To practice Christian Science, and to get good at it, is to understand the infinite to a degree that that becomes your experience.

Living fully, challenging yourself to love more deeply, and expecting that your life will broaden as it becomes more profoundly inspiring enables one to become a force for good, blessing more, and glorifying the infinite good, God.

"God expresses in man the infinite idea forever developing itself, broadening and rising higher and higher from a boundless basis" from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. The spirit of adventure comes from God - the source of all beauty, love, spontaneity, peace and infinite wonder.

The basis of adventure is that Divine Love is All. That is enough. You have hit pay dirt. This is it! The buck stops here. This is where the story is. This is where it all happens!

See the attached for some incredible and everyday adventures and adventurers:

Sea Kayaking (click on "View sample clip")

The Lewis' Continental Divide Trip

Life Comes at You Fast











Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.



For more information, contact Kim or call her directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: