Pages

Monday, March 26, 2007

the light at the end of a tunnel

Spiritual resource to share: hope

When I worked for the wider distribution of Science and Health worldwide, I used to collect quotes from people who were just hearing about Christian Science and reading Science and Health for the first time. I would often go back to those quotes which would remind me of the freshness and inspiration that this book gives me. In fact, I have a framed copy of four of my favorite quotes:
    • From an AIDS worker: "This book is the light at the end of a very dark tunnel."
    • From an author: "Every time I open Science and Health, it reaches into my heart."
    • From a man from a war-torn country: "This book could help nations in turmoil."
    • From an enthusiastic new reader of Science and Health: "I am healed and I'm happy. Really happy."
When I realize that there is an answer to every situation anyone could possibly endure, I feel a lifting of depression and a rush of fresh hope. There is a way to find the peace, contentment, productivity and love our hearts naturally yearn for. There are lessons along the way where we learn to drop the baggage of pride, ego and self-centered thinking. And these lessons broaden our lives and increase our receptivity to accept more of what is possible. Mary Baker Eddy writes:

Remember, thou canst be brought into no condition, be it ever so severe, where Love has not been before thee and where its tender lesson is not awaiting thee.

So, we can welcome in this new week, feel that hope and expect to learn deeper and broader aspects of God and who we are as God's children. And we can feel happy, really happy!










To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: