Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

in praise of books

Spiritual resource to share: inspiring books

"I had always imagined Paradise as a kind of library."
Jorge Luis Borges, Argentinian writer


Books change lives. We all know that. My all time favorite book is Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. I spent over five years of my life overseeing the distribution of this book Science and Health internationally. I have a little framed copy in my office of some of my favorite quotes from those who have read Science and Health for the first time. This little picture continually reminds me of Science and Health's transforming impact every time I see it.

"This book is the light at the end of a very dark tunnel." - a librarian of the Women and AIDS Support Network in Africa

"Every time I open the book, it reaches into my heart." - a Jamaican book author explaining his first reading of Science and Heatlh

"This book could help unify nations in turmoil." - a man after reading Science and Health and visiting a Science and Health booth at a conference in London

"I am healed and I'm happy. Really happy." - a new reader of Science and Health from the United States

For those of you who have read Science and Health: what would you say about it??



To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: