Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gooooooooooooood movie!!

Spiritual resource to share: insights



What does a timid, gentle but delusional man, an insightful psychologist, a persistent sister – in – law, and a compassionate church family and an accepting community all add up to? A great movie about well, lots of things.

"Lars and the Real Girl" has a quirky story line that has been made into a believable moral story akin to Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life.” I first read a review of it on a Christian movie website (that I can no longer find!) and thought it was odd, but intriguing.

I'm a sucker for quirky story lines with a moral, so I watched it. And I loved it! The lesson I drew from it was the amazing way people can come together to not only allow a person to choose their own healing route, but to help them work through their own healing in their own way. It is compassion with kindness and humor.

It provides a good role model for individuals, churches and communities in how far we can go to love one another enough to trust that healing will happen, and having respect enough for another’s individual and even slightly eccentric paths toward freedom from whatever would ail us.

If you watch this, let me know. I’d love to have a conference call to chat about this movie with others.







To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: