Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

To Asia with love and comfort

Spiritual resource to share: timeless truths

Reviewing some of my posts, I came across this one, written in response to the earthquake in Java, Indonesia two years ago. The timeless truths apply today to Myanmar, to China.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The comfort of God with us, with those in Indonesia, and with those everywhere

When I left home for college, my mother and I still maintained a very close relationship. When she would call me on the phone, I knew it was her before I answered. And many times when I would call her, she would answer the phone with "Hello Kim!"


I also noticed that when I was in trouble, my mom would later tell me that she felt I was in trouble of some kind and would either start praying or try to get in touch with me. This phenomenon became quite natural and it just was the way we operated.

I came to see how much of this was a direct reflection of our infinite Father-Mother God - God who is always knowing our needs, always there to comfort, guard and guide us.

God is constantly talking to each one of us. God is constantly sharing with us ideas that help protect us, provide for us and comfort us.

The recent earthquake in Indonesia threatened to tear open a wound just newly healing from the effects of the tsunami of 2004. In response, I was quick to counter that with a prayer that lifted me out of a feeling a sense of hopelessness and futility: God is omnipotent. That means that there is no power greater than God, and no power that can obscure God's tender ministrations to His/Her children.

God is not in the earthquake. His omnipresence can lift us out of any storm, any strife, into feeling peace. God's ideas nourish us, bless us, strengthen us and allow us to take care of one another. We can listen for His voice and respond in ways that are effective, practical and efficient.

Every single person has a direct connection with God. God is ever active and is constantly talking to each one of us. We all have this connection - before birth, during our lives here and after death, God is right here, comforting and providing for us.

There is great reason for hope. What I learned at an early age, with my mom, is that when there is love, there is always communication. This is a spiritual law. And there is always love.

The larger demonstration of this rests on our acknowledgement that God loves us. Tenderly, intimately, right-there-with-us kind of love. This love communicates to each of us all that we need to know and what we need to do.

For more articles about this, click here.





To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Through what mechanism have you proved the existence of God?