Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Being in London and being new

Spiritual resource to share: new perspectives

For the last 30 years I have been going to an annual "post-graduate" course on Christian Science healing. The first class (known as Christian Science primary class instruction) was taught by a teacher who lived in London, and so most of those 30 years now, I have mainly returned to London for my follow up courses.

"But why London?" asked a friend who also attended this class and simply has to walk down the street to attend the annual address. Hmmm..... That got me thinking.

It wasn't that I chose London, but I chose my teacher. If she lived in Detroit or Dubai, I would have gone there as well. But she lived in London. So there you have it.

But there was a definite influence that London had for me. First, I usually made the trip alone. Being by myself, I would walk the streets of London for hours. There were always people around, and I made it a point to be around people, especially late at night. I was a stranger in a strange land, and that heightened my awareness of all things.

The pride of my grandparents had its roots in England. I would think of them as I walked by the Thames, looked up at the cathedrals, drank tea in tiny tea shops, and walked through the many museums drinking up a history I have just a faint connection to.

And in the midst of heightened awareness, new languages, food and etiquette, my whole purpose here is to dedicate most of my time to learning timeless truths about Christian healing. I anticipate a surge to my own spiritual growth at this time.

Before, during and after the course, I have meals with friends who have also taken this journey with me. I have known some of them for 30 years. And regardless if we are from Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific Rim or North America (or any of the 30 some countries we all represent), we are focussed and dedicated to learn new insights into the same universal laws of Love that have been guiding our healing work for years.

Whether we have overcome challenges and made sacrifices just to get here - or we have only had to take a stroll down the street, we are all here together to gain new and deeper perspectives on healing as Christ Jesus did.

So being in London actually is not about being in London, so much as it is in gaining new insights and inspiration and being reminded how universal God's love is. Coming back home to all that is familiar, I find myself refreshed renewed with an ever expanding love for mankind. A quote I saw in one of my tea stops says it best:

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. - Marcel Proust




To learn more about Christian Science class instruction, click here.





To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: