Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

"everything is rhythm"

Spiritual resource to share: beauty all around us

      "We are, all of us, unique, each a unique pattern of creativity,and if it is not fulfilled it is lost for all ... "   Martha Graham, American choreographer




On the heels of receiving the Random Acts of Culture clip from a friend (see my last posting), another friend posted this clip on her facebook.   All of which goes to show that I have such brilliant friends - and that the attraction of beautiful rhythmic ideas is truly universal, with infinite expression, and full and overflowing with joy!

It is just another proof of the original spiritual nature of each of us.  "To discern the rhythm of Spirit apprehended and to be holy, thought must be purely spiritual."  writes Mary Baker Eddy in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, written just pages after she states "Man is not material, he is spiritual."

1 comment:

Isobel said...

Thanks for blogging this! Rhythm is a joy so pervasive. this clip helped us notice what is always there in daily activity in terms of rhythm and dance. It reminds me of trips to the grocery store. If good body moving music is broadcast, I squirm to avoid breaking out in dance. (I look for empty isles to let loose a litte). If I lived in Africa, perhaps I wouldn't have to hold back. I love the rhythm in the numerous African cultures. There must be a parallel to the rhythm of Spirit - as we must be wired to move according to the beat of abundant grace, and the movement of shared joy, and the impulse of love.