Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2006

“The power of God brings deliverance to the captive. No power can withstand divine Love.”

Re: the safe release of Jill Chapman

Click here for the Christian Science Monitor Update
Click here to feel the comfort, power and inspiration of prayer: "Prayers for a reporter in Iraq"
CNN's article today on the kidnapping. The article ended with a short, almost unnoticeable statement,


Another kidnapping in Iraq ended peacefully Wednesday.


Bless their hearts for articulating what we are all praying to hear the end of this week. This is possible.

An email from those close to the situation is circulating encouraging prayer and sharing inspiration. In it is a Bible verse that cuts right to the chase.


King James Version (KJV)

Ezekiel 11:19

I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you;
and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart
of flesh:

Here is the same verse in other translations of the Bible:

New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

The Message (MSG)
19I'll give you a new heart. I'll put a new spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart.

Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

American Standard Version (ASV)
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh;

Copyright © 1901 Public Domain

Arabic Life Application Bible (ALAB)

19 وَأُعْطِيهِمْ جَمِيعاً قَلْباً وَاحِداً، وَأَجْعَلُ فِي دَاخِلِهِمْ رُوحاً جَدِيداً، وَأُزِيلُ قَلْبَ الْحَجَرِ مِنْ لَحْمِهِمْ. وَأَسْتَبْدِلُهُ بِقَلْبٍ مِنْ لَحْمٍ،

Copyright © 1988 by International Bible Society



A correlative poem is "Feed My Sheep" written by Mary Baker Eddy


Shepherd, show me how to go
O'er the hillside steep,
How to gather, how to sow, — How to feed Thy sheep;
I will listen for Thy voice,
Lest my footsteps stray;
I will follow and rejoice
All the rugged way.

Thou wilt bind the stubborn will,
Wound the callous breast,
Make self-righteousness be still,
Break earth's stupid rest.
Strangers on a barren shore,
Lab'ring long and lone,
We would enter by the door,
And Thou know'st Thine own;

So, when day grows dark and cold,
Tear or triumph harms,
Lead Thy lambkins to the fold,
Take them in Thine arms;
Feed the hungry, heal the heart,
Till the morning's beam;
White as wool, ere they depart,
Shepherd, wash them clean.



There is an answer.












Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.
For more information, visit kimckorinek.com or contact Kim directly via skype!

Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: