Pages

Monday, January 23, 2006

A call for nobility; a call for a higher humanity

Statements of support for Jill Carroll from the following:
Saeed Syam, Hamas
Montasser al-Zayat, Head of the Liberties Committee, Egyptian Lawyers' Syndicate
Adnan al-Dulaimi, Iraqi Accordance Front
Iraqi Islamic Party
Reporters sans Frontières
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
Mohamed Mahdi Akef, Supreme Guide of the Muslim Brothers
Egyptian human rights organizations
Muthana Harith al-Dari, Muslim Scholars Association
Muslim Brotherhood Association
Muyad al-Lami, the Iraqi Journalists' League
Click here to read the statements

I'm learning, learning quickly the names, their titles and meaning of their titles. This statement struck me:

From Montasser al-Zayat, Head of the Liberties Committee, Egyptian Lawyers' Syndicate:
Mr. Zayat is a former member of the Egyptian militant group, Gamaa Islamiya (Islamic Group). He is also the author of the definitive biography of Egyptian Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered to be Al Qaeda's No. 2, and he has represented numerous Islamic militants in Egyptian courts.

I followed with grave concern the kidnapping of the American journalist Jill Carroll ..... I'm asking the kidnappers to release her so that it would be a clear message to the whole world - a message of a just cause and the ability to achieve justice even under the most difficult circumstances, where the Iraqi people and the resistance movements are facing the tyranny of the occupier.

It is a call to a higher purpose to the captors, but under it, I think, it is a call for everyone. These calls has been ringing out and I believe it is making a difference.

For every call to the captors to act nobly, I hope we can take that as a call to act nobly ourselves. I hope it is taken to heart that our country act nobly, that our soldiers act nobly, that we all push for our highest sense of humanity. In everything we do. These statements and prayers are making a difference.

It is a call to a higher humanity. In some cases, it has articulated a cry for many of us. In other cases, it has awakened compassion and awareness. In a response to Jill Carroll's release, a 15 year old from the heartland of the USA wrote in to The Christian Science Monitor to share how this has changed her life:

Before Jan. 14, I didn't know who she (Jill) was. But ever since, I've been hoping for her safe release. I've thought about her every day, because in a way she changed me. She changed how I look at other people. She taught me to put myself in other people's shoes, who don't have the same rights and privileges I do. I think if she can change a 15 year old girl who hardly took a second to think about how bad the war is affecting the Iraqi people, she can change other people. She has become my role model. My thoughts and wishes are with Jill Carroll and her family. Thank you for helping me understand.

---C.C. Black River Falls, Wisconsin, USA



This is a statement from a girl on the brink of adulthood. Just think of this awareness and awakening happening all over the world. In every home.

Click here to read other statements of support and to add your own.



Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.
For more information, visit kimckorinek.com or contact Kim directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.





1 comment:

Laura said...

as I've said before, u roq. thanks for all this fantastic current event prayer.