Pages

Friday, January 27, 2006

The comfort from one mother to another "She will be fine"

"And to her (Jill's) mother, I say: I know how painful it is when a daughter is detained. But don't worry, madam. Your daughter is a great woman and she will be fine." (see full article below.)

Comforting words from one mother to another. Here is a poem from another mother whose son was taken from her at an early age:


MOTHER'S EVENING PRAYER by Mary Baker Eddy

O gentle presence, peace and joy and power;
O Life divine, that owns each waiting hour,
Thou Love that guards the nestling's faltering flight!
Keep Thou my child on upward wing tonight.

Love is our refuge; only with mine eye
Can I behold the snare, the pit, the fall:
His habitation high is here, and nigh,
His arm encircles me, and mine, and all.

O make me glad for every scalding tear,
For hope deferred, ingratitude, disdain!
Wait, and love more for every hate, and fear
No ill, — since God is good, and loss is gain.

Beneath the shadow of His mighty wing;
In that sweet secret of the narrow way,
Seeking and finding, with the angels sing:
"Lo, I am with you alway," — watch and pray.

No snare, no fowler, pestilence or pain;
No night drops down upon the troubled breast,
When heaven's aftersmile earth's tear-drops gain,
And mother finds her home and heav'nly rest.

Christian Science Monitor:
Posted on Thursday Jill Carroll update January 26, 2006 at 2:00 p.m.

  • A group of 37 Arab intellectuals and politicians released a statement Thursday calling for Jill Carroll's release.
  • The mother of one of five Iraqi female detainees released Thursday expressed confidence that American journalist Jill Carroll will be released soon. "She'll be fine and she will come out very soon because she loves Iraq and she loves Iraqis, so God will never forget her," says Siham Faraj, the mother of Hala Khalid Wahid who was detained by US forces in Iraq four months ago. But she added, "I don't think Jill Carroll's situation has anything to do with the release of my daughter, but we definitely feel her pain.... "And to her mother, I say: I know how painful it is when a daughter is detained. But don't worry, madam. Your daughter is a great woman and she will be fine."

Jill's friend continues a daily update including articles from Jordanian daily Al-Ghad translated from Arabic to English. Click here for Natasha's blog.







Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.
For more information, visit kimckorinek.com or contact Kim directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: