Pages

Monday, September 11, 2006

My contribution to September 11th

Six weeks after September 11th, I was in a German airport, on my way to an international book fair. Newspaper stands still carried many international newspapers with headlines of the attacks and I read as many international papers that I could. One sentiment, often repeated, was that although the Americans were saying that September 11th was the day the world changed, European papers were saying that that was the day the world changed for Americans.

September 11th for me was the day that we joined the world community in a way we never have before. Remember, shortly after September 11th, a French newspaper headline read: "We are all Americans." There was instant compassion.

To feel compassion, to love one another, and to base our relations on love is the direction of many world religions. To understand one another and another's religion, we start understanding how practical and possible it is that we are all brothers and sisters.

My contribution today is to share a link to a public radio program many of you may already be familiar with: Speaking of Faith: Hearing Muslim Voices.

I wish us all peace and compassion on this day.



Please add your own comments or email this article to a friend.



For more information, contact Kim or call her directly via skype!
Call me!

Get Skype and call me for free.

No comments: