Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the highest praise for a teacher

Spiritual resource to share: ask questions


"Never lose a holy curiosity" - Albert Einstein

At a recent memorial, a college student stood up and shared what he had learned from his Sunday School teacher, who had recently passed on.

"I always used to ask questions in class and apologized for having so many questions. My Sunday School teacher said not only did he expect me to ask questions, but that he felt that it is vital if we are to move beyond faith to understanding."

Some of my best teachers are the ones that challenged me the most. In these classes, I didn't always get the best grade, but what I learned was pure gold. They sparked a curiosity in me that I just had to get the answers. And, having committed myself to finding the answers, I did!

It probably isn't a surprise that early on, I became really curious about how Jesus healed. Some of the teachers along my path have helped me answer this question and probed for more questions --- which just feed my desire to know more!

Even now, I feel that my main activity in my Christian Science practice is fueled by being spiritually curious about the inevitable goodness of our lives. (It was another teacher who helped me see this and articulate it in my life!!)

Please feel free to share the dynamic qualities of teachers in your life!











To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: