Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How big is God?

Spiritual resource to share: expansion

I have been reading this verse from the book of Hebrews over and over again this week.

"...the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than eny two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."


Wow. Does God get any edgier than this? Not only does this sentence cover the speed and power of God's word, but also God's expansive scope from soul and spirit to the intents of the heart.

When I am dealing with my own problems, there is a moment when I am caught up in it and it feels like I can't get out of a cloud of pain or fear. It is this moment that I pray to commune with God. Knowing that God's word is quick and powerful and that God knows the most intimate thoughts in my heart breaks that mesmerism and healing follows. And not only healing, but an increasing joy to know, once again in a new way, that God is all. And I am assured that there will be an infinite number of opportunties to understand and experience the infinite God.

When confronted with a situation in healing, we may be impressed with trying to find out how big the problem is. The better approach may be to ask the question is How big is God?







To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

No comments: