Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

listening for an answer

Spiritual resource to share: persistence



Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling agitated. After having made plane reservations for my son to go overseas the night before, I went to look for his passport. It was not in the normal place. I looked everywhere. Nothing. The angst flooded in when I realized that the plane fare was non-refundable and having to replace the passport would take more time than we had.

This same morning, I had a list of things requiring my prayerful attention. Looking at the list, I realized that it was all about things being lost! Lost passport topped the list, but there were also issues like the loss of health, the loss of confidence, financial losses, lost opportunities, and loss of peace. Hmmmmm..... interesting.

I first tackled the lost passport. I knew that the passport represented identity, adventure and global awareness. None of those things could be lost. Looking at Mary Baker Eddy's writings, she wrote "The true concept is never lost." Even though the context in which she wrote this was different, this main idea was a help.

I earnestly prayed. This means I listened while affirming that no good thing could ever be lost. The thought came, "There is an answer" right before the idea came to look again in my purse. I had looked there and even cleaned out the purse the night before. But I did look again and, sure enough, hiding behind a loose flap of an inner pocket was the passport.

I was, of course, happy to find the passport. But I was even happier to directly experience God's guidance, to hear God's voice and to know that God always has the right answer for us.

I realized that this related to all issues of being lost. And like a series of dominoes falling, each of the issues where loss was a factor, could fall based on this idea that "the true concept is never lost."

Persisting in prayer, we can see that no opportunities are lost. How can God's will for us which is good ever be lost? How can the majesty and omnipotence of God's plan for us ever be lost?

We can reverse financial losses knowing that God governs all. That "...the reign and rule of harmony (in all we do) ...cannot be lost nor remain forever unseen."

Man's identity is never lost. "The loss of man's identity through the understanding which Science confers is impossible...." "Is man lost spiritually? He can only lose a sense material."

I really cherish the fact that we are never lost or separated from God. If there is the thought of loss, we can persist by claiming our oneness with God and expect to hear God's directing us, giving us the ideas, the answers we need. Is that wonderful or what?










To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Dear Kim...thank you for this....

by the way...I posed a question for you to answer by comment on my last post...if you have a moment to give it a look and give some clarification I would be most grateful...sadly, I was never a rafter! all love, Kate