Pages

Monday, April 16, 2007

for the love of good, hard work

Spiritual resource to share: diligence


My years of studying dance instilled in me a love of hard work. The hard work of dance starts small. Attention to detail is realized in the working, stretching and toning every muscle. Then the next step is to bring it into the discipline of the choreagrapher's creative phrases of movement. And finally, blending that together with the movements of other dancers and music, and voila! you end up with a performance!

So this cold and sunny morning, looking out my window at the melting snow and barely visible buds on my trees, I am reminded that in my morning prayer, I start small with a humble heart. Prayer (that open, receptive connection to all that is Good) leads me upward and onward through the day. Throughout the day I am weighing my thoughts, discarding what is not progressive, taking in what is good. My whole day is an active expression of forward movement, revealing more about God and myself each step. I am mindful to do God's will, follow Her choreagraphy, blend it with others. Soon the day is full of opportunities.



Here are some morning thoughts:

In the figurative transmission from the divine thought to the human, diligence, promptness, and perseverance are likened to "the cattle upon a thousand hills." They carry the baggage of stern resolve, and keep pace with highest purpose.

...prayer, coupled with a fervent habitual desire to know and do the will of God, will bring us into all Truth.

Be of good cheer; the warfare with one's self is grand; it gives one plenty of employment, and the divine Principle worketh with you, — and obedience crowns persistent effort with everlasting victory. -Miscellaneous Writings by Mary Baker Eddy 118:24

...but to begin aright and to continue the strife of demonstrating the great problem of being, is doing much.



Have a good week!


To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Isn't it wonderful that our dance backgrounds have taught us so much about discipline, grace and trust...there's nothing like flying through the air in grande jette...into the arms of waiting partner for the finale of a pas de deux...ahhh...talk about trust...often this is the physical "image" I hold in thought when I really surrender my life to God...thanks for the reminder...it's fun to share studio space and the "air" with you!
all my love, Kate