Pages

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

first snowfall

Spiritual resource to share: redemption



Last night it fell -- all over our yard, driveway, rooftops, everywhere. I woke up to see this perfect blanket of snow. "The first snowfall always makes me feel as if we are all redeemed," said a friend once, and I am reminded of it every first snowfall of the season.

I am reminded of God's love for each of us. "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love. Therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." I am reminded that there is a tender loving kindness that is all powerful - God. God draws us to Him.

In the Lord's Prayer there is a section that says:

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil;
Mary Baker Eddy gives its spiritual sense and writes:

And God leadeth us not into temptation, but delivereth us from sin, disease, and death.

God has created us in Love. God would no more lead us into temptation as Love would lead us to death. God's love for us continually guides us. And we are all redeemed: forgiven, loved, cleansed -- white as snow.



To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

4 comments:

Laura said...

oh lord, SNOW. glad you're loving it!

Kate said...

hmmm....snow and redemption...this may just give me my first glimpse into really loving snow...hugs,

Anonymous said...

where are the scriptures found that you're quoting in your message

Kim said...

Jeremiah 31: 3
To get there from here, you an go back to the text and just click on the highlighted words.
Hope that helps!

Kim