Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

from little acorns do mighty oaks grow

Spiritual resource to share: what we are drawn to be

Seeds. I've been thinking about seeds. And obviously not because it is planting season here in the northern hemisphere. Its more about seeds and their potential for growth.

The question arises - how does a seed know how to grow? An answer: Its map is already inherent in its design. (Oh, this is just so ripe with metaphysical analogy.)

How do we know how to grow? Trust our inherent design.

This gives another angle to the importance of knowing God. And of trusting the idea first presented in Genesis that we are made in the image and likeness of God.

By knowing God, we know ourselves. Doing this, we can trust that we are equipped with everything we need at the time we need it.

Here are some design ideas used by God:

The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Immortal men and women are models of spiritual sense, drawn by perfect Mind and reflecting those higher conceptions of loveliness which transcend all material sense.

Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.









To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Kim, brilliant to put your Spanish article in English as well. Good ideas about the seed within are universally needed! Thanks so much.