Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

you are here

Spiritual resource to share: your place in the world


A little boy was once asked: "How do you know that God is here?" And he answered, "Well, because I 'm here!" I love that confidence in the inseparability of God and us!

MBEddy writes "As a drop of water is one with the ocean, a ray of light one with the sun, even so God and man, Father and son, are one in being."

So where does this idea leave us? That we are in our right place. Why? Beause the omnipresent God is in Her right place and we are never separated from God.

We are always in our right place. That means that we have all we need where we are. So every opportunity for growth and every need for living is present right where we are. And, if these things don't appear, we will be removed from that situation and placed in a situation where growth and supply are available.

So not only are we assured we are never separated from God, but that it is confirmed that we have a purpose as well. Just as the number "42" always is in its right place in the numeric system, so does it also serve its purpose in keeping the whole numeric system working. Likewise, we are distinct and in our right place. Our purpose is to glorify God, in Her full expression. Each of us is needed to express the complete spectrum of God's goodness, intelligence and grace.

Our purpose is maintained by God and we are able to answer the question, "What am I?" with this response: "I am able to impart truth, health, and happiness, and this is my rock of salvation and my reason for existing." (from The First Church of Christ, Scientist and Miscellany p. 165.) And another fav from the Bible:

Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.















To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love her answer to the question, "What am I?"...it has given me direction and renewed my sense of mission and purpose so many times. It brings me back to center and shakes me free from all the scrambling and furtive searching. Thank you for this reminder....hugs,

Laura said...

love the idea of the number being in the right place, I've never thought of it that way before. cool!

L
@}-->--