Pages

Friday, November 02, 2007

Movie night!

Spiritual resource to share: meaningful movies



Did you ever wish there were a list of movies that were thought-provoking, engaging, that celebrate the human spirit, and made you laugh and cry? Movies that stretched you and kept you thinking about it afterwards? I think I found such a list!

My son's school is hosting a Respect and Diversity Film Festival this weekend with a great line-up of films. So, here's the list! I have seen most of these, but not all.


Would love to hear comments from you all -if you have seen these movies, what you liked about them and what movies you would add to this list.

Check these out (if you want more details on these movies, go to Yahoo Movies or Movie Review Query Engine and type in the name of the movie):

  • One Giant Leap
  • Babel
  • Born into Brothels
  • What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
  • Milagro Beanfield Wars
  • Real Women Have Curves
  • Billy Eliot
  • Mask
  • Bend It Like Beckham
  • White Men Can't Jump
  • Children of a Lesser God
  • School Ties
  • Erin Brockavich
  • Life Is Beautiful
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • Smoke Signals
  • The Dinner Game
  • Motorycle Diaries
  • Osama
  • Remember the Titans
  • Napolean Dynamite
  • Children of Heaven
  • Hotel Rwanda
  • Good Will Hunting

plus some of my favs:


  • Monsieur Ibrahim
  • Casa de los Babys
  • Water
  • Lagaam
  • L'Auberge Espagnole
  • My Life as a Dog








    To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One movie that I have that I really enjoy is Joshua. It examines what would happen if a Christ figure would visit a town today.

Laura said...

I loved Bend It and Erin and Remember the Titans and Napoleon Dynamite and Monsieur Ibrahim.... what a great lineup!

L
@}-->--