Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

we all belong

Spiritual resource to share: persistent love


Trailer from the movie: Martian Child

I am still basking in the glow of one of the most beautiful movies I have seen recently: Martian Child. It is the story of a recently widowed man who tries to adopt a "difficult-to-place" child. The lessons about the strength of love to overcome the feelings of being outcast and loneliness are powerful and tenderly portrayed.

It reminded me of a time when I felt alone and outcast. I was encouraged by MBEddy's idea from Science and Health "Would existence without personal friends be to you a blank? Then the time will become solitary, left without sympathy; but this seeming vacuum is already filled with Love." It was a solitary time, but I got to feel a whole new concept of God as Love. There were mornings where I woke up feeling loved. This became the basis for all the new friendships that developed after that experience. It helped me to see that my happiness was not so much dependent on another person as it was about my relationship to God.

These few verses have helped me see how thoroughly we are loved by God, and how satisfying that Love is:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is the doctrine of Christian Science: that divine Love cannot be deprived of its manifestation, or object; that joy cannot be turned into sorrow, for sorrow is not the master of joy; that good can never produce evil; that matter can never produce mind nor life result in death.

Unfathomable Mind is expressed. The depth, breadth, height, might, majesty, and glory of infinite Love fill all space. That is enough!








To share your thoughts on this or to explore this idea further, please feel free to be in contact with me, add your own comments below, email this article to a friend, or add to the healing finds and sites on the web to the right.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Looks like a terrific movie! Thanks for your insights.agxcx

Kate said...

Great movie...I don't think I moved for about an hour after the credits rolled. have a great vacation...with Love,